The Friedrich 70 Pint Dehumidifier is, in a word, powerful. It is quite simply the model that has all the extras you want without sacrificing performance.
It is a great looking, well-priced unit that delivers on its promise.
Below are some of our findings on this dehumidifier. You can see that it has many great features, so is definitely rated high on our list.
Features of the Friedrich 70 Pint Dehumidifier
Some of the special features of the Friedrich 70 Pint Dehumidifier include:
- Relative humidity level settings that you can set to an exact percentage between the range of 30 and 90%
- Operates at low temperatures. What makes this a perfect basement dehumidifier is that it will operate in temperatures as cold as 41°F / 5°C. This also means it will be the perfect choice for a crawlspace, garage or storage room
- Continuous operation function combined with a built-in drain pump. This means that when it is when hooked up to a drain, you will never have to carry a full bucket of water from this unit ever again
- If you don’t have a drain nearby, there is a collection bucket with a sturdy carry handle for manual removal of water. This condensate bucket will hold a capacity of 16.2 pints
- Automatic defrost cycle
- Anti-microbial filter that is removable and washable
- Sits on a set of casters which make moving it around easier
- It has an Energy Star rating which means it energy efficient
- The modern design allows it to fit into any room and look as if it was meant to be running in the corner
- Comes with a 6-foot power cord that allows you to place the dehumidifier where it needs to be for best results. It operates with a 115-volt standard power plug
- It also has a fan that has two different speeds.
Here’s What Online Reviewers Had to Say about the D70BP
As for some of the positive feedback on this dehumidifier:
- The overall effectiveness of the dehumidifier receives much praise. Essentially, as this is a larger capacity unit, it delivers very well.
- The built-in drain pump is also liked by many.
- The design and positioning of it (rear exit) shows a lot of consideration went into placement for best function and access.
- Easy operation, easy-to-read functions and the look of the product are all considered pluses.
As for negatives, the list is shorter:
- The number of times it cycles is an issue for some consumers.
- Another point is the noise from the fan, described as being ‘quite loud’. But this is very much standard for dehumidifiers, especially one of this size.
- Another issue is that the dehumidifier does not keep its settings. That is to say, if you have it set to low before you turn it off for the night, it will start at the highest setting when you resume operation the next day.
The Overall Picture for the Friedrich 70 Pint Dehumidifier
It’s big on capacity (and possibly a little noisier than some like) but it does a great job of removing moisture from the air. This dehumidifier is a quality product that does exactly what it was designed to do. It does the job effectively and efficiently.
If you are in need of a powerful unit for your home, storage area or z basement dehumidifier, make sure you look at the Friedrich 70 Pint Dehumidifier.
To get more information and to see the Friedrich 70 Pint Dehumidifier on Amazon, click here.