Affordable Humidifier Dehumidifier Combo Options
- 1 Humidity Control Options
- 2 Humidifier and Dehumidifier Options
- 3 Humidifier Dehumidifier Combo FAQs
- 3.1 Is there such a thing as a humidifier-dehumidifier combo?
- 3.2 What is a humidifier dehumidifier combo and how does it work?
- 3.3 What are the benefits of using a humidifier dehumidifier combo?
- 3.4 Can a humidifier dehumidifier combo effectively maintain optimal humidity levels?
- 3.5 What are some factors to consider when choosing a humidifier dehumidifier combo?
- 3.6 What is the expected lifespan of a humidifier dehumidifier combo?
- 3.7 Can a humidifier dehumidifier combo be used in large or small spaces?
- 3.8 What are some top brands that offer humidifier dehumidifier combos?
- 4 What Is The Best Humidifier Dehumidifier Combo?
Are you struggling to maintain a comfortable level of humidity in your home or office? Have you considered a humidifier dehumidifier combo?
When it comes to dealing with moisture in the air, a humidifier dehumidifier combo would be the perfect solution – if such a thing existed… or does it?
While some may believe that such a product is impossible, the truth is that there are several options available on the market today. But are they the right choice for you? Let’s explore the world of humidifier dehumidifier combos and discuss their features and benefits, so you can decide if they’re worth the investment for your unique needs.
Humidity Control Options
There are four main appliances available to combat the ongoing battle with humidity control. They each serve a primary function and are essential for living in any climate that is not at the optimum humidity level, especially for any home that is humid. They are:
- Air Purifier Humidifiers
- Extractor Fans
Here we will talk about each of these types of appliances, and how they can help you to control the moisture and humidity in your home.
A humidifier makes a room or living space “more humid” by increasing or adding moisture to the air. The primary time of year when you would use a humidifier is in the winter months. Air is typically much drier in winter than it is for the rest of the year.
Dry air can result in various health issues ranging from:
- dryness of the throat, and
- dry, flaky skin.
If you suffer from any of these symptoms it may be because the air in your room or home has low humidity. Read more about how low humidity can affect your health and comfort levels here.
Humidifiers come in two different styles: cold mist and warm mist. Essentially they add moisture to the air by shooting a fine mist into the area where the appliance is operating.
For more information on humidifiers, check out the following in-depth posts:
- For whole-home humidifiers, which involves hooking up a humidifier to your furnace, click here, or
- For filterless humidifier options, which are great for smaller areas such as individual rooms, click here.
Air Purifier Humidifiers
An air purifier humidifier has one extra feature when compared to the average humidifier. It removes many particles trapped in the air including pollen, dust, pet dander, mold, and odor.
The way in which this works is through a simple filtering system. By using a removable and washable filter, the unit traps and contains these particles for disposal.
As for the humidifier functions, there is no difference between a regular humidifier and an air purifier humidifier.
If a humidifier adds moisture to the air, what do you think top-rated dehumidifiers do? If you guessed that it reduces the moisture content in the air around us, you would be correct.
Conditions where too much water content in the air can result in the creation of corrosion and that generally leads to rust formation. Excess moisture can also lead to the formation of mold and mildew which can be bad for your health.
If you are a collector of:
- antiques (especially metal and leather) of any kind
- classic automobiles, or
- have a gun collection
you will want to control the moisture content to reduce the risk of corrosion and mold which can reduce the value of your collection. With this in mind, one of the best small dehumidifier options is the tool for the job.
There are many different types, but they fall into 2 main categories:
- desiccant, and
There are also many different applications that dehumidifiers are designed for, including:
- RV dehumidifiers,
- Gun-safe dehumidifiers,
- Garage dehumidifiers,
- Basement dehumidifiers,
- Whole house dehumidifiers,
Each design fits a specific use and works to keep humidity below 60 percent – the level where corrosion can start to form.
Extractor fans simply suck out the humid air so that it does not have a chance to cause problems with condensation, mold, and mildew buildup. These are particularly useful in areas with concentrated humidity problems, such as bathrooms and stovetops.
We have written an in-depth post on Automatic Humidity Control Systems. Make sure that you check it out here.
Humidifier and Dehumidifier Options
Unfortunately, humidifier-dehumidifier combo options that are combined into one unit are rare. But this may be for a few (good) reasons:
- Typically, most people only want one or the other
- It increases the size of the unit, as well as the cost and complexity
- For the combo units that do exist, the manufacturers have typically just combined the 2 individual units into one. So if one unit stops working, it means that you still have to keep the broken unit so that you can use the part that still works, or throw out the lot and replace it all (remember the combo VCR / DVD players – if one player broke, you had to either keep the whole unit and buy just the unit that stopped working, or throw out the whole lot which meant throwing out the 1/2 that did work, and replace it all)
- It can be better to purchase 2 individual units because the capacity requirements are different for each application
With all that in mind, here are some of the different Humidifier and Dehumidifier options on the market at the moment:
Danby PHD (DHCC6020) Silhouette 3-in-1
Let’s face it; the humidifier dehumidifier combo is a difficult product to find, yet Danby has one item they like to promote as a “3-in-1” appliance.
This humidifier dehumidifier combo has electronic controls that are easy to read and understand. It also has a stylish blue LED display so you will always know what function is being used.
It has a remote control operation. It is capable of maintaining smooth operation at low temperatures and has an automatic defrost feature.
Add to this a one-year parts and labor warranty and Danby may have you hooked with this humidifier-dehumidifier combo.
Here’s what it does:
However, there have been some not-so-positive reviews on this…
To see more info on the Danby DHCC6020 3-in-1, click the button below.
Boveda Cube Humidifier/Dehumidifier
One solution to manage humidity for very specialized applications is the Boveda Cube Humidifier/Dehumidifier combo.
You can use these packs to keep cigars, herbal medicine, and other smoking material at precise relative humidity levels. These levels are clearly indicated on the front of the packaging, which are at 58, 62, 65, 72, 75, and 84% RH.
Each pack has a 2-year shelf-life, so storage should not be a problem as long as they are kept well sealed before usage.
Even though they are only for very specialized usage, they work very well and have received very good reviews from customers. Most people place a pack or 2 in a humidor instead of using crystals to maintain a constant humidity level, keeping their cigars fresh with minimal hassle.
Some people have found they work well in other applications, including guitar storage.
Some of the positives:
Honeywell HUL535W Cool Mist Humidifier
This humidifier has a 1-gallon tank which will allow it to run up to 24 hours on a single filling. It is not a humidifier dehumidifier combo but is a great unit to use along with one of the best small dehumidifiers available.
It is a filter-free humidifier, so does not use filters.
Although made in China, this product is easy to operate and it provides efficient humidity control.
One thing to keep in mind… while this is a cool-mist humidifier, it does not change room temperature – it changes room humidity. It is rated to increase humidity in rooms up to 600 square feet.
Click the Amazon button below for more information on the Honeywell Cool Mist Humidifier. And make sure to have a quick look at the short video below of a similar Honeywell model…
Some of the positive qualities:
Negative points include:
Frigidaire 50-Pint Top-Rated Dehumidifiers
This is one of the top-rated dehumidifiers on the market and for good reason. If you are considering purchasing a humidifier dehumidifier combo, this one will definitely fill in half of that equation.
It is Energy Star rated meaning it is energy efficient and is able to draw up to 50 pints of water per day from the air.
It has a SpaceWise design which includes:
- a top handle,
- side handles integrated into the unit, and
- caster wheels
for easy and fast movement from room to room or wherever you need it to operate.
There’s also an antibacterial mesh filter and an easy-to-access collection container with an indicator to tell you when it is full.
On top of this, there is a built-in pump that connects to a hose for continual discharge of water, even in an upward direction to a sink or through a window.
It slots into the category as one of our best small dehumidifier options as it:
Negatives noted include:
Otherwise, this is a great product to be part of a humidifier-dehumidifier combo.
Click here to see our full review of the Frigidaire 50-Pint Dehumidifier. And also have a look at the video below for more information and to see it in operation…
Humidifier Dehumidifier Combo FAQs
When it comes to maintaining ideal humidity levels in your home, a humidifier-dehumidifier combination is a practical and effective option. This all-in-one unit combines the functions of both a humidifier and a dehumidifier, making it a popular choice for many households.
Here, we answer some frequently asked questions about humidifier-dehumidifier combos to help you choose the best option for your needs.
Is there such a thing as a humidifier-dehumidifier combo?
A humidifier and dehumidifier combination does exist. It is one piece of equipment that functions as both a humidifier and a dehumidifier. These combo units add moisture to the air in dry conditions and remove excess moisture in humid conditions to help maintain ideal humidity levels in homes or offices. They can be a practical and affordable solution for people who want to manage humidity levels, and they are especially helpful in regions with drastic weather changes.
What is a humidifier dehumidifier combo and how does it work?
A humidifier dehumidifier combo is a single device that functions both as a humidifier and a dehumidifier. When necessary, moisture is added to the air to raise the humidity level; conversely, moisture is removed to lower the humidity level.
The combo unit typically has sensors built in to track the humidity levels in the space and change the device’s operation accordingly. To maintain a desired or ideal humidity level, it will alternate between the humidifying and dehumidifying modes as necessary. Additionally, some combo units have programmable settings that let you choose the desired humidity level and have the appliance run on its own.
By combining two functions into one device, a humidifier dehumidifier combo can provide a convenient and efficient way to maintain optimal humidity levels in your home or office, promoting health and comfort.
What are the benefits of using a humidifier dehumidifier combo?
There are several benefits to using a humidifier dehumidifier combo unit:
· Effective Humidity Control: A combo unit offers a convenient and effective way to maintain the ideal humidity levels in your home or office by combining two functions into one device.
· Space-saving: Combo units are designed to be more space-efficient than separate humidifier and dehumidifier units.
· Cost-effective: Comparing the costs of buying a single combo unit versus separate humidifier and dehumidifier models is frequently more advantageous.
· Better Health and Comfort: Keeping humidity levels at their ideal range can help reduce the signs and symptoms of dry skin, nasal congestion, and respiratory problems. Additionally, it can aid in reducing mold, bacteria, and dust mite growth, which will enhance indoor air quality.
· Easy to Use: Many combo units have programmable settings and simple controls, making them simple to use. making it simple to maintain optimal humidity levels.
· Versatile: Humidifier dehumidifier combos are versatile and can be used in a variety of settings, including homes, offices, and basements.
· Energy-efficient design: Some combo units are made with energy-saving features to reduce your energy costs.
Can a humidifier dehumidifier combo effectively maintain optimal humidity levels?
Yes, provided it is operating properly and the settings are set properly, a humidifier dehumidifier combination can effectively maintain ideal humidity levels. A combo unit typically has sensors that keep track of the humidity levels in the space and modify the device’s operation as necessary. A combo unit can assist in maintaining the desired or ideal humidity level, promoting health and comfort, by switching between humidifying and dehumidifying modes as necessary.
It’s important to remember that a combo unit’s effectiveness can vary based on things like the size of the room, the humidity levels in the surrounding area, and the device’s quality. It is advised to select a high-quality combo unit that is appropriate for the size of your room and to regularly clean and maintain the appliance in order to achieve the best results.
What are some factors to consider when choosing a humidifier dehumidifier combo?
The following factors should be taken into account when selecting a humidifier-dehumidifier combo:
· Room Dimensions: Take into account the size of the space in which you plan to use the combo unit. Verify that the unit has sufficient power to maintain your space’s ideal humidity levels.
· Humidity Level: Determine the ideal humidity level for your space and confirm that the combo unit can deliver that level of humidity.
· Water Tank Capacity: Search for a combo unit with a water tank capacity that satisfies your requirements.
· Noise: Consider the unit’s noise level, particularly if you intend to use it in a bedroom or other quiet area.
· Energy Efficiency: To lower your energy costs, look for a combination appliance that is energy efficient.
· Maintenance: Take into account how simple it is to clean and re-fill the water tank on the combo unit.
· Price: Establish your spending limit before searching for a combo unit that provides good value.
· Brand Reputation: Pick a well-known company that has a track record of manufacturing humidifier-dehumidifier combo units of the highest caliber.
· Warranty: Seek out a combo unit with a warranty that provides protection against malfunctions.
What is the expected lifespan of a humidifier dehumidifier combo?
The expected lifespan of a humidifier dehumidifier combo can vary depending on the specific model and how well it is maintained. On average, a high-quality humidifier dehumidifier combo unit can last several years with proper care and maintenance.
Factors that can impact the lifespan of a combo unit include the frequency of use, the water quality, and the overall quality of the unit. It’s important to regularly clean the unit according to the manufacturer’s instructions to prevent mineral buildup and other issues that can shorten its lifespan. Choosing a combo unit with high-quality materials and components can also help ensure its longevity.
Can a humidifier dehumidifier combo be used in large or small spaces?
Yes, a humidifier dehumidifier combo can be used in both large and small spaces. It is crucial to select a unit that is the right size for the space because the size of the combo unit will depend on the size of the room it is intended for.
Smaller spaces might only need a compact or personal-sized combo unit, whereas larger rooms might need a larger unit that can efficiently maintain the desired humidity levels throughout the entire space. Some combo units might also have settings that can be changed to accommodate various room sizes, giving them more flexibility in their use.
What are some top brands that offer humidifier dehumidifier combos?
Some of the top manufacturers of humidifier-dehumidifier combos include:
· Soleus Air
When selecting a humidifier-dehumidifier combo, it’s crucial to consider the brand’s reputation and the quality of its products. To select the best option for your needs, take time to consider how you intend to use it (ie. the room size, noise requirements, maintenance requirements, etc), then compare the features and specifications of the unit as well as customer reviews and ratings. Take the time to thoroughly research units so you can be sure that the humidifier-dehumidifier combo you choose will do what you need it to do.
What Is The Best Humidifier Dehumidifier Combo?
If you are unable to locate an actual all-in-one product that combines the features of a humidifier and dehumidifier, your only option may be to buy one of each.
There is a good chance that you won’t need both of them operating at the same time. But depending on your climate and the condition of the air in your home, you may need both units to keep a constant comfortable environment in your home.
With this in mind, we have presented some of the top-rated dehumidifiers & humidifier suggestions here. Make sure that you check out the options above. These can make the best humidifier dehumidifier combo options based on price, quality, and performance.
We hope you enjoyed our article about the best humidifier dehumidifier combo products. We know that it can be tough to find the best all-in-one products, but if you know what to look for, you should be able to find a solution that works for you.
Leave a Comment