Frigidaire is a company with a rich history. Founded in 1918 in the United States, the company is actually a subsidiary of parent company Electrolux, based in Sweden. It is well known these days in the cooling and humidity control industry. It has a range of large right through to small dehumidifiers.
The Frigidaire company has many firsts to its name. It claims to have been the first to create an electric self-contained refrigerator back in September of 1918. It also reportedly had the first home food freezer product, the first room air conditioner, and the first 30-inch electric range. Frigidaire also states they were the first company to produce home appliances in coordinated colors.
With all this history and innovation, you can rest assured that you are dealing with a company that knows how to produce quality products. And this is why their range of dehumidifiers are so highly regarded. Their 30-pint small portable dehumidifier is no exception.
Frigidaire 30-Pint Dehumidifier
The Frigidaire 30-Pint Dehumidifier is labeled as Effortless Humidity Control. As excess humidity can be harmful to your health as well as damaging to your home, this is an excellent small size unit to consider.
The portable design allows for use in any room, and the stylish look permits it to fit into any décor. Featuring a white outer shell with blue/grey trim, this unit will look right at home wherever it sits.
The easy to read and understand controls are placed on the top of this small dehumidifier for quick and easy operation.
Other Key Features Include:
- Low-temperature operation (41-degrees) which provides better performance in lower temperatures and saves you energy and utility costs
- Will remove a maximum of 30-liters of moisture from the air per day
- Operates with a standard 115-volt electrical outlet – just plug it in and let it go!
- Easy to use Ready-Select electronic controls
- Easy to see and understand digital humidity readout
- Effortless Humidity Control lets you precisely control the desired humidity level
- Has a 24-hour on and off timer complete with control lock
- If located near a drain it can be set to operate continuously
- Has an alert system to tell you when the tank is full and will automatically shut off at that time
- 6-pint tank has a handle and splash guard for easy handling
- Designed with a handy front loading system for tank removal/replacement
- Removable and washable bacteria trapping mesh filter
- SpaceWise design includes caster wheels, integrated side handles and top handle
- Long 6.5-foot power cord with cord wrap eliminates the need for extension cords
- AHAM certified, UL/CUL listed.
What Others Are Saying
Compared to small dehumidifier reviews online, this is a very popular choice of the small dehumidifiers for home use. The majority of users of this product agree that it does a good job of removing moisture from the air.
In fact, several points to the speed and ease in which the Frigidaire 30-Pint Dehumidifier does the job.
Here is a short list of pros and cons we have found and reported in small humidifier reviews of this product:
- Removes excess humidity fast.
- Easy to operate with simple controls.
- Effective for use in basements, crawlspaces, RVs as well as campers and garages.
- Continuous operation is very useful for unattended use.
- Affordable and not hard on utility costs.
- Although this unit generally runs quiet, some users noted a rattling from the rear grill.
- The plastic connector to an external hose is reported to sometimes leak.
- Some users claim the life expectancy of this product is not very long.
- The water bucket can be difficult to remove when full.
See the video short below for more information and a close-up look at the Frigidaire 30-Pint Dehumidifier:
If your goal is to protect your home from damage that can result from excess moisture in the air such as mold and mildew, this is a good product. It also eliminates airborne bacteria trapping it in a washable filter.
Affordable and effective are words that best describe this unit, so make sure that you take a good look at if you are in the market for a small dehumidifier.