This console style evaporative humidifier is designed specifically for a whole house and covers up to 3,600 square feet. The 3.6-gallon tank permits the system to run up to 36 hours. It comes complete with a high density wick and uses MAF1 replacement wicks (sold separately).
The humidifying process uses dual easy fill water bottles along with a refill hose.This unit contains a digital on-board humidistat which automatically maintains your pre-set humidity levels. It does this with digital accuracy and shuts off once that level is reached.
The evaporative humidifier also shuts off when the water reservoir is empty. There are also indicators that are activated when the unit requires more water or when the filter needs attention.
The MA1201 has a total of four different fan speeds including a quiet nighttime setting and has a white finish with an attractive design. The evaporative wick traps harmful mineral deposits but is also easy to clean.
The humidifier runs quietly as it does not have wheels, pulleys or belts. It is also easy to move around as it has caster wheels so it can go where you need it most.
Built in the USA, this quiet humidifier is ETL approved and measures 20.5-inches tall, 21.5-inches wide and 14.5-inches in length. The unit weighs 13.5 pounds and comes with a 60-inch electrical cord.
To see information and reviews on other humidifiers that we have looked at, click here.
Pros & Cons of the AIRCARE MA1201 Best Whole House Humidifier:
- This is one of the best evaporative humidifiers as it has a large capacity water tank which does not require daily refills
- Casters allow for easy moving from one location to another
- Extremely simple to use with a single on/off button and easy to set humidity level controls
- Nice looking design which makes this an easy fit in any décor
- Quiet operation even with the nighttime setting
- Extra large coverage area
- Indicators for both time to refill and time to check filter
- Some users have found they require filling the water reservoir often (this depends on the running time and humidity level and settings)
- The fan is loud when left on the highest of the settings
For large homes of up to 3,600 square feet, you can’t go wrong with this lightweight but effective humidifier. It has simple controls but does a serious job when it comes to controlling humidity levels. Solidly built yet simple in design allows this unit to fit in anywhere you put it.
The manufacturer did not overload it with functions but did include a great set of important options. They include a multi-speed fan, dual water filling capabilities, digital readout, auto shut off when desired humidity level is reached or if the water tank has run dry.
Online users agree that this is one of the best whole house humidifiers you will ever see. It is affordable and does a great job of maintaining humidity levels. If you need an evaporative humidifier for a large home, AIRCARE has the one you need with the MA1201 model.